Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. They govern your access And use of this website.
Terms and Conditions
THESE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS") GOVERNS THE USE OF THIS
WEBSITE https://www.vimhans.com/ ("Website") OF Vidyasagar Institute of Mental Health,
Neuro and Allied Sciences (“VIMHANS”), (AADARSH MANAV SEWA SAMITI). THIS WEBSITE
IS OWNED AND GOVERNED BY AADARSH MANAV SEWA SAMITI.
Description of services
All visitors to our website should adhere to the following terms and conditions. By accessing or Using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and accept Them in full, as they may be modified by vimhans from time-to-time and posted on this Website.
These website terms and condition are applicable to all transactions including online appointment booking, bill payments, advance payment against services and/or any other transactions through this website or through its hyperlink(s) and authorized third party websites.
1.2 Information provided by you
- We require you to provide us with certain information about yourself when you use the
Online Transactions. This information shall include patient’s details and card holder’s name
in case of online payment facility. We may also use this information to ensure that the bill
payment process is carried out accurately and efficiently
- You agree to ensure that any information provided by you shall be complete and accurate.
You shall not at any time provide us with information which is false, inaccurate, misleading,
obsolete or deceptive. If the information is found false/ deceptive/inaccurate/misleading,
VIMHANS holds right to cancel the appointment/transaction and refund/stop the payment
- All information provided by you should be true, complete, and accurate but not misleading
- To receive the confirmation alert of the appointment booking, kindly provide your correct
contact number and email ID
- The consultation time provided is indicative and actual consultation time may vary
- The appointment slot will be released in case of late arrival of the patient
- Complete details of ‘New’ patient should be filled accurately, and we may also use this
information for data analysis and marketing purposes
- We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us for trend analysis
- We may use the Internet address to identify any fraudulent transaction
- If you do not wish to provide us with the required information, kindly click on exit button to
exit the appointment booking application
1.3 Hyperlinks and third-party websites
This Website provides links to other sites by allowing the user to leave this website to access
websites of VIMHANS (a “Hyper-Link Site”) or third-party websites for the users’ convenience.
Hyper-Link sites and third-party sites may contain rules, regulations, privacy, and other provisions
which may be markedly different from the provisions provided on the website. Access to such
Hyper-Link sites or third-party websites or any other internet sites linked to the Website is at the
user’s own risk. VIMHANS is not responsible for the content or accuracy or correctness of such
information and provisions and specifically disclaims all related liability. Access to a Hyper-Link site
does not imply any direct or indirect endorsement by VIMHANS of the Hyper-Linked site or products
and services offered therein.
2. Disclaimer of warranties
All information available on this Website, (the “Information” ) is provided on the condition that the
user will make independent determination in respect of its accuracy, completeness or usefulness
suitability prior to use or making any decision or any loss or damage in reliance hereof. The
Information does not constitute an invitation or recommendation to take medical services from
VIMHANS nor is such Information is a substitute for professional advice or solicitation in respect of
medical services/ products or recommendation thereof. VIMHANS urges the users to seek the advice
of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product,
service, or other Information. All information on the site is provided to you “as is” without warranty
of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to implied warranties of
merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy. In
no event shall VIMHANS be liable for any special, direct, indirect or consequential damages or any
damages whatsoever resulting from loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other
tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information. All
information available on a hyper-link site and any third party is subject to the terms and conditions
of the legal notices contained therein.
VIMHANS operates and controls this website from India and makes no representations that the
Information is appropriate for use in any other location across the globe. Information published in
this website may contain references to products and services which are available in India and not
available in your country. Such references do not imply that VIMHANS intends to make available
such products or services in your country. Users are urged to consult VIMHANS officials for
information regarding the products and services available to you.
4. Equipment and connectivity requirement
- The services available on the website shall be provided to you via audio/video consultation,
or as an offline review through e-mail. Please ensure that you are equipped with proper
video conference equipment and internet connectivity as mentioned or is relevant for the
service you want to avail. In case of inadequate video conference equipment, technical error
or defective internet connectivity VIMHANS reserves the right to reschedule or cancel your
appointment without any notice
- You understand and acknowledge that there will not be any physical examination involved
and the consultation services shall be provided remotely. The opinion delivered by the
doctor / physician shall solely be based on the verbal communication between the
concerned doctor or the physician and the patient and the test reports and other
information provided/uploaded by you on the website
- VIMHANS or the consulting Doctor/Medical Practitioner shall not be liable for misdiagnosis /
faulty judgment / interpretation error / perception error/Adverse events/ inefficacy of
prescribed treatment or advice/validity of the advice or prescription provided by the
consulting Doctor in your country of residence/ unavailability of the recommended or
prescribed treatment or medication under any condition or circumstances. Users are advised
to use their discretion for following the advice obtained post consultation from VIMHANS
- VIMHANS Services are not meant in any way for emergency and life-threatening conditions.
It is advised to take the patient to the nearest hospital in such cases
5. Use of content & copyright
- VIMHANS owns the website as well the intellectual property contained thereon including all
programs, processes, designs, software, technologies, trademark, trade names, inventions
and materials therein and all the services offered by the doctors / physicians or others on
- You shall not use the content available on the website without the prior written permission
6. Intellectual property rights
The contents of this website are protected by intellectual property laws of India including without
limitation to trademark and copyright laws. Reproduction, retransmission, public and/or commercial
use of any or all the material on this website is prohibited. The logos, service marks and trademarks
(“IP Marks”) displayed on the website are the property of VIMHANS or have been licensed to
VIMHANS by the relevant owners for use on this website. Nothing on this website should be
construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any
trademarks without our written permission. You are prohibited from using any IP Marks for any
purpose without the written permission of VIMHANS, or the relevant owners thereof. You may use,
display, and print copies of the Information only on your personal computer only for your personal
non-commercial purpose and use. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing,
transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any
Information available on or through the website for commercial or public purposes, in contravention
of the above permitted use.
7. Limitation of liability for use of the site
The information available on the site could include inaccuracies or typographic errors. VIMHANS
specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. VIMHANS does not warrant or
represent that the information on the website is complete or up-to-date and assumes no obligation
to update the website. VIMHANS may change the information on the website at any time without
notice or may make improvements or changes to the website at any time. You agree that VIMAHNS,
its affiliates and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents will not be liable,
whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, punitive, special, consequential,
incidental or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits or lost opportunity) arising
out of or in connection with the use of this website or a hyper-link site or a third party site, or with
delay or inability to use the website or a hyper-link site, even if VIMHANS is made aware of the
possibility of such damages. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, transmission of
any viruses which may infect a user's equipment, unauthorized access, operator errors, theft, failure
of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connect
problems, strikes or other labour problems or any force majeure. VIMHANS cannot and does not
guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, or secure access to the website. You are informed that use of
internet may be susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking and other actions that could
affect payment instructions / other instructions to your bank through the payment gateway.
VIMHANS shall aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee from
such internet frauds, hacking and other actions that could affect payment instructions / other
instructions including result in delay or failure in processing the instructions. VIMHANS shall not be
responsible for the same.
8. Data protection
- VIMHANS may use “Cookies” for storing visitor preferences, profiling visitors, and tracking
visitor behaviour on this website. Cookies are small data files that a website stores on
computer. By visiting this website, you acknowledge, accept, and expressly authorize
VIMHANS for the placement of Cookies on your computer.
- VIMHANS shall take all reasonable precautions to preserve the confidentiality and prevent
any corruption or loss, damage or destruction of the data and information provided by you
on the website.
- All personal medical information will be kept confidential. It will only be disclosed to those
involved with your treatment or care or persons involved in the process of evaluation of
your information including but not limited to medical treatment, procedure, services etc. or
an organization, which may be responsible to evaluate your treatment expenses. However,
VIMHANS reserves the right to perform statistical analyses on your personal data and
- Certain services on the website may require authentication procedures and enable you to
access such services by using a user ID and password. VIMHANS shall take reasonable care to
ensure the security of and to prevent unauthorized access to the services, which are part of
the website, however you will be the sole and exclusive owner of user ID and the password.
It is your responsibility to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your user ID and
password and will not reveal to any third party. You are urged to change your password at
regular intervals. In addition to user ID and password, VIMHANS may, at its discretion,
require you to adopt such other means of authentication.
- You are cautioned that use of cyber-cafe/shared computer for payment transaction at a
shared terminal is risky and you are urged not to use a cyber-cafe/shared computer terminal
for any such transactions.
8.1 Gateway Security
- We wish to make your payment process a secure and convenient experience and invite you
to carefully read these Terms and Conditions which govern the use of this Online Payment
- We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity of the Online Payment Facility’s
Security. Despite our endeavour’s breaches of security and confidentiality could occur. You
acknowledge that we are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of any breaches in
- You are responsible for keeping the computer you are making the payment from free from
viruses and malicious programs and maintaining all appropriate security measures.
- You acknowledge that your failure to do so may lead to, amongst other things, the
interception of data by unauthorized parties. We shall have no liability to you whatsoever if
you suffer any loss that is caused wholly or in part by your failure to keep secure the
computer you are making a payment from.
- VIMHANS may at any time modify the Terms & Conditions of Use of the site without any
prior notification to you. You can access the latest version of the User Agreement at any
given time on the website. You should regularly review the Terms & Conditions on the
website. In the event the modified Terms & Conditions is not acceptable to you, you should
discontinue using the service. However, if you continue to use the service you shall be
deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified Terms & Conditions of Use of
When VIMHANS receives a transaction instruction from you in respect of any services or products on
the website, through appropriate mode, VIMHANS will be entitled to debit any payment plus any
charges payable for the transaction from the account you have specified. You may also be directed
to a third-party site to enable processing of a transaction in which event such transaction will be
governed by the terms and conditions of such third-party site. VIMHANS shall not be liable (a) if any
transaction does not fructify or may not be completed or (b) for any failure on part of the bank or
the credit card or the third party site or agency to perform any of its obligations or (c) in respect of
any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline or acceptance of authorization for
any transaction, for any reason whatsoever.
9.1 Payment Gateway & Methods:
- VIMHANS online payments are redirected to the service provider for processing and then
return back to our site
- Accepted Credit Cards
- We currently accept the use of the following credit cards for payment through our Online Payment Facility:
- Select Debit Cards
- Net Banking
On clicking “Make Payment”, your payment will be processed and on successful completion of the
transaction, a Transaction ID will be provided to you. This is the confirmation id of your payment. An email and sms with invoice number would be sent to your email id and the mobile
number given at the time of booking.
- We do not consider that a payment has been made until a transaction number is issued. If you do not receive a transaction number, you should process your payment again or make your payment by another means.
- If you do not receive a transaction number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm the same from your bank or with the Customer Service Department whether or not your payment has been made. Only you may be ware of any problems that may occur during the payment process. VIMHANS will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you assume that payment was not made because you failed to receive confirmation.
- In case of Credit/Debit Card bookings the Credit/Debit Card and Card holder must be present at the billing counter.
9.2 Confirmation/ Evidence of Transaction:
- SMS confirmation - Your booking and payment confirmation will be sent via SMS to the mobile number given by you at the time of booking
- Email confirmation - Your booking and payment confirmation will be sent via email to the email address given by you at the time of booking
In respect of any transactions permitted by VIMHANS via its website from time to time, VIMHANS nsactions, maintained through computer systems or otherwise, including the recording of the time of the transaction(s), shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of such transactions and shall be accepted as conclusive evidence and binding on you for all purposes.
- If you are unable to make your appointment time, VIMHANS may attempt to contact you, using the information provided at the time of booking. If VIMHANS is unable to reach you after its initial attempt, VIMHANS may entertain another walk in /next appointee patient
- You will need to produce the credit card/ debit card used for the payment of the booking at
the OPD billing Counter
- Invoice once generated as stated above, the appointment cannot be cancelled through phone call, SMS or email
9.4 Pricing and Other Errors
If the amount you pay for an appointment or Preventive Health Check (PHP) varies from the actual services charge because of change in price or you are able to book an appointment or PHP before
the scheduled OPD date or you are able to book an appointment or PHP that was not supposed to have been released for booking then; VIMHANS will have the right to cancel that appointment and refund you the amount that you have paid. This will apply regardless of human error or a transactional malfunction of this web site.
10. Rescheduling, cancellation & refund policy
- For all online paid appointments for consultation, rescheduling such appointment can be
done only for the respective hospital and of the same physician in case of consultation
- For each client, rescheduling of any online bookings of VIMHANS Teleconsultation
services, can only be done once in the same month.
- In case there is a connectivity or technical issue during session on the consultant's/
VIMHANS' side, we will contact you and reschedule the appointment booking, at mutual
Cancellation by the Customer
- For any online paid appointments, where services were not availed at the appointed time
despite invoices being generated against such a booking, you may cancel and claim a refund
for the invoice at the hospital counter physically.
|Cancellation initiated up to 72 hours before the session
|No information provided between 120 minutes until the session time
Cancellation by VIMHANS
- Occasionally, due to reasons out of our control, or unforeseeable circumstances,
appointments could be cancelled or postponed by the Doctor/VIMHANS. Should this occur,
we will attempt to contact you and refund the amount as per the refund policy of VIMHANS.
You may book a new appointment as per your convenience by visiting our website/ calling
- Cancellation by the Customer
- Upon receipt of a valid cancelation of the appointment as stated above, we will refund the
money the way the payment was received. If the payment was by Credit/Debit Card or
Net-Banking, we will refund through the Credit/Debit Card or Net-Banking account.
Typically refunds are processed in 3 - 7 working days. Please note that VIMHANS shall not
be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder's credit card account/accountholder’s bank account as that is managed by the Cardholder's issuing
- You will be provided with a refund reference number for further communication.
- No refunds/ cancellation requests shall be entertained in case of payment against bills/
- The consultant has the right to terminate a session mid-way or discontinue treatment at
his/ her own discretion. VIMHANS management may or may not have a say in the matter.
However, in certain cases, a refund may be offered to the client, in the same way that this
amount was received.
- At the time of making a payment to book at appointment, if an incorrect/ larger amount was
mistakenly transferred, or debiting of the Customer’s Bank Account occurred multiple times
due to technical error, we request you to contact us immediately. We will refund the excess
amount if one of the above scenarios has been proved sufficiently.
11. General terms and conditions
- Unauthorized use of any materials contained on this website may violate the laws of
intellectual property rights, the laws of privacy and publicity, and other applicable laws. You
alone are responsible for your actions. As such, you shall indemnify and hold VIMHANS, its
officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, and licensors harmless from and against any
and all loss, costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in
relation to, arising from any claim or demand (including third party claims or demand) for
violation caused by your actions or access, or, misuse of your user ID and password during
use of the website or any noncompliance with the Terms hereof or any unauthorized use of,
this website by you or someone using your computer.
VIMHANS may change the Terms set out above from time to time. By browsing this website
you are accepting that you are bound by the current Terms and we urge you to check these
each time you revisit the website.
VIMHANS may change the format and Information of this website at any time. We reserve
the right to add to or supersede certain provisions of these Terms with other provisions and
reserve the right to revise the Terms at any time, at our sole discretion and without any prior
notice. At no given time can we guarantee the information to be up to date. Users are
deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Terms.
- VIMHANS prohibits unauthorized hypertext links and caching to the website and reserves
the right to disable any unauthorized links, third party links and disclaims any responsibility
for information available on any other internet sites linked to the website without due
- VIMHANS may suspend the operation of this website for support or maintenance work, in
order to update the Information or for any other reason.
- By visiting this website, you agree to permit VIMHANS to communicate with you, from time
to time, about our products and services, unless you decide to unsubscribe from receipt of
such communications by following instructions stated therein. This may involve interruption
of or stoppage linked services.
- VIMHANS shall not be liable if any transaction does not materialize or may not be completed
or for any failure on its part to perform any of its obligations in respect of any products,
policies or services, if the same is prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure Event.
In such case its obligations shall be suspended for so long as the Force Majeure Event
continues. For the purpose of this website, a “Force Majeure Event” means any event due to
any cause beyond the reasonable control of the VIMHANS, including without limitations,
sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of god, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of
any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, faults or failures in
telecommunication, unavailability of any communication systems, breach, or virus in the
processes or payment or delivery mechanism, computer hacking, computer crashes,
malfunctioning in the computer terminal or the systems getting affected by any malicious,
unauthorized access to computer data and storage devices, destructive or corrupting code
or program, mechanical or technical errors/failures or power shut down, etc.
12. Forward looking information
Certain information on this website may contain forward-looking statements, which are subject to
risks and uncertainties. Users are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking
statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. The expressions “believe”,
"expect", "intend", "aim", "will" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking
statements. MHC undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
13. Press releases
All press releases and other materials contained on the website are, to the best of VIMHANS
knowledge, timely and accurate when issued. However, the passage of time can render information
stale, and you should not rely on the continued accuracy of any such material beyond the date of
issuance. VIMHANS has no responsibility to update any information contained in any such material.
All viewers should carefully check the dates of issuance of the material contained on the website.
14. Violations of rules and regulations
VIMHANS reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these
Terms, including the right to block access from or to a particular Internet address to the website.
14. Jurisdiction and governing law
The use of this website by any one is subject to its terms and conditions, applicable Indian laws and
government notifications, rules, regulations and guidelines issued by the Insurance Regulatory and
Development Authority and other regulatory, governmental, and/or statutory bodies. Users of this
website agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at the State of Delhi alone in respect
15. Corporate information
Vidyasagar Institute of Mental Health, Neuro and Allied Sciences
Registered office: No. 1, Institutional Area, Nehru Nagar, New Delhi-110065, if you have any queries
you may contact us at - email@example.com / 011-29802980